Bitly, Inc., New York, NY
Application Engineer, Back End, 2017 to present
- Write and maintain RESTful Go and Python applications within a microservice architecture that are highly scalable for 5 billion unique browsers and 10 billion clicks per month
- Leverage NSQ for asynchronous messaging between applications.
- Write queries and database structures within a sharded MySQL database environment containing billions of encoded links, growing at a rate of 300 million each month.
- Strive for 100% test coverage across the entire codebase.
- Build self-service product including payment processing.
- Grow and maintain private and public API, as well as external integrations in and out of Bitly infrastructure.
- Build internal search tool on top of Google BigQuery for querying billions of records.
- Contribute to a feature team comprised of frontend, backend, and API engineers, in addition to design, product management, and project management within an Agile workflow.
Tumblr, Inc., New York, NY
API Engineer, 2014 to 2017
- Worked on API Core Team to build and maintain both private and public REST APIs authenticated via OAuth and used by hundreds of millions of users to access over 300 million blogs and nearly 150 billion posts.
- Worked with product managers and engineers on multiple teams including Core iOS, Core Android, and product engineering teams to provide the API framework for feature and application development.
- Wrote unit tests using PHPUnit.
- Created a Github bot to automatically scan pull requests for potential issues and standards compliance.
- Built Slack bots using Node.js.
- Worked on the Ads Team to build out new ads products and analytics tools for advertisers.
- Worked on Growth and Marketing Engineering team to improve pre-onboarding experience for new users, subscription push notifications, and Answer Time feature.
- Built backend framework for dynamic user setting management.
- Built framework used by engineers for managing application and version specific feature gates for first-party mobile applications.
MyTransHealth, New York, NY
CTO / Co-founder, 2014 to 2016
- Co-founded non-profit startup providing health care provider search tools for the transgender community in six cities with hundreds of vetted health care provider listings.
- Ran a successful Kickstarter campaign that was fully funded within three days and concluded with 160% of funding goal.
- Handled product and project management responsibilities, coordinated social media accounts and campaigns, and planned product launch logistics.
- Managed a volunteer team of two frontend engineers, one mobile engineer, and one devops engineer, as well as one frontend contractor.
- Built application from the ground up on top of the Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM, and MySQL.
- Leveraged Elasticsearch for document indexing and search.
- Implemented Gearman for job queueing and management, including emailing and image uploading to Amazon AWS.
- Created REST API to be consumed by web and mobile clients.
- Developed Slack bot using Node.js for admin application management.
SaaShr / A Kronos Company, Branchburg, NJ
Software Engineer, 2008 to 2014
- One of the first 15 employees at a small workforce management software startup which was acquired by Kronos in 2012.
- Worked with in-house Java framework on multiple areas of a secure, cloud-based payroll, time & attendance, and HR software solution used by over 13,500 companies and more than 700,000 end-users worldwide.
- Was an integral member on a team of five developers working to further advance our product in a modified scrum environment with release cycles ranging from six to ten weeks.
- Lead ground-up development and maintenance of a flexible and scalable tax calculation module capable of calculating over 10,000 taxes.
- Created and managed implementation of the Symmetry Tax Engine API to assist in tax calculation.
- Integrated Google Maps API and Symmetry Payroll Point SOAP requests to parse location and address data to generate location codes based on the GNIS database.
- Headed project to completely re-architect design of user accounts to allow for multiple-FEIN functionality across entire suite of products.
- Worked directly with support, business development, and product management teams throughout development process from requirements phase to production release.
- Developed and maintained functional testing system for payroll calculation.
- Created hotfixes and worked with Cloud Systems Operations team to patch production issues.
ELCRo, Piscataway, NJ
Founder, 2005 to 2013
- Developed web application to run backend functions for a college radio station with a potential listener base of one million.
- Built out features to log all on-air and DJ activity 24 hours a day, as well as provide music library databasing for 20,000 albums and DJ management for over 100 active DJs.
- Developed interface to receive and log data from WideOrbit Automation for Radio software.
- Created API to allow public website to access data from log to display to visitors.
RLC-WVPH FM Piscataway, Piscataway, NJ
2001 to 2010
- Member of Executive Staff for five years and DJ for nine years.
- Head Music Director: Supervised a department of twelve members, was responsible for shaping the sound of the station, and maintained relationships with record promoters and labels.
- IT Director: Maintained radio station’s workstations, servers, email system, and digital media storage, in addition to developing the ELCRo software.
- Tech Director: Responsible for maintenance on broadcast equipment and assisted in building of new transmitter site.
- 2005 winner of RLC Outstanding Leadership Award.
ZEN Promotions, New Brunswick, NJ
Founder, 2002 to 2003
- Founded and ran small live music venue.
- Responsible for booking musical acts, scheduling, and promotions for more than 50 concerts featuring over 160 bands and acts from around the world.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology