Hinge, New York, NY
Senior Staff Engineer, 2020 to present
Bitly, Inc., New York, NY
Application Engineer, Back End, 2017 to 2020
- Write and maintain RESTful Go and Python applications within a microservice architecture that are highly scalable for 5 billion unique browsers and 10 billion clicks per month.
- Serve as the most senior engineer on Integrations Team, responsible for growing and maintaining the private and public API, as well as external integrations in and out of Bitly infrastructure.
- Leverage NSQ for asynchronous messaging between applications.
- Write queries and database structures for a sharded MySQL database environment containing billions of encoded links, growing at a rate of 300 million each month.
- Strive for 100% test coverage across the entire codebase.
- Work on a cross-functional feature team comprised of frontend, backend, and API engineers, in addition to design, product management, and project management within an Agile workflow.
- Led cross-team project to launch Bitly’s first containerized application leveraging Docker and Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Built webhooks feature capable of serving hundreds of billions of requests per month.
- Was the most senior engineer on a project to build Bitly’s self-service product, including payment processing, from the ground up.
- Built internal API request search tool on top of Google BigQuery for querying billions of records.
Tumblr, Inc., New York, NY
API Engineer, 2014 to 2017
- Worked on API Core Team to build and maintain both private and public REST APIs authenticated via OAuth and used by hundreds of millions of users to access over 300 million blogs and nearly 150 billion posts.
- Worked with product managers and engineers on multiple product engineering teams to provide the API framework for feature and application development on iOS, Android, and web.
- Wrote and developed features in a PHP codebase with test coverage using PHPUnit.
- Created Github bot to ensure code quality and standards compliance prior to merging pull requests.
- Built Slack bots using Node.js.
- Worked on the Ads Team to build out new ads products and analytics tools for advertisers.
- Worked on Growth and Marketing Engineering team to improve pre-onboarding experience for new users, subscription push notifications, and Answer Time feature.
- Built backend framework for dynamic user setting management.
- Built framework used by engineers for managing application and version-specific feature gates for first-party mobile applications.
MyTransHealth, New York, NY
CTO / Co-founder, 2014 to 2016
- Co-founded non-profit startup providing health care provider search tools for the transgender community in six cities with hundreds of vetted health care provider listings.
- Ran a successful Kickstarter campaign which was fully funded within three days and concluded at 160% of funding goal.
- Built PHP application from the ground up on top of the Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM, and MySQL while leveraging Elasticsearch for document indexing and search.
- Implemented Gearman for job queueing and management, including emailing and image uploading to Amazon AWS.
- Created RESTful API to be consumed by web and mobile clients.
- Developed Slack bot using Node.js for application admin management.
- Managed a volunteer team of two frontend engineers, one mobile engineer, and one devops engineer, as well as one frontend contractor.
- Handled product and project management responsibilities, coordinated social media accounts and campaigns, and planned product launch logistics.
SaaShr / A Kronos Company, Branchburg, NJ
Software Engineer, 2008 to 2014
- One of the first 15 employees at a small workforce management software startup which was acquired by Kronos in 2012.
- Worked with in-house Java framework and Microsoft SQL Server on multiple areas of a secure, cloud-based payroll, time & attendance, and HR software solution used by over 13,500 companies and more than 700,000 end-users worldwide.
- Was an integral member on a team of five developers working to further advance product in a modified scrum environment with release cycles ranging from six to ten weeks.
- Led ground-up development and maintenance of a flexible and scalable tax calculation module capable of calculating over 10,000 payroll taxes.
- Created and managed implementation of the Symmetry Tax Engine API to assist in tax calculation.
- Integrated Google Maps API and Symmetry Payroll Point SOAP requests to parse location and address data to generate location codes based on the GNIS database.
- Headed project to completely re-architect design of user accounts to allow for multiple-FEIN functionality across entire suite of products.
- Worked directly with support, business development, and product management teams throughout the development process from requirements phase to production release.
- Developed and maintained functional testing system for payroll calculation.
ELCRo, Piscataway, NJ
Founder, 2005 to 2013
- Created and developed web application to run backend functions for a college radio station with a potential listener base of one million.
- Built out features to log all on-air and DJ activity 24 hours a day, as well as provide music library databasing for 20,000 albums and DJ management for over 100 active DJs.
- Developed interface to receive and log data from WideOrbit Automation for Radio software.
- Created API to allow public website to access data from log to display to visitors.
RLC-WVPH FM Piscataway, Piscataway, NJ
2001 to 2010
- Member of Executive Staff for five years and DJ for nine years.
- Head Music Director: Supervised a department of twelve members, was responsible for shaping the sound of the station, and maintained relationships with record promoters and labels.
- IT Director: Maintained radio station’s workstations, servers, email system, and digital media storage, in addition to developing the ELCRo software.
- Tech Director: Responsible for maintenance on broadcast equipment and assisted in building of new transmitter site.
- 2005 winner of RLC Outstanding Leadership Award.
ZEN Promotions, New Brunswick, NJ
Founder, 2002 to 2003
- Founded and ran small live music venue.
- Responsible for booking musical acts, scheduling, and promotions for more than 50 concerts featuring over 160 bands and acts from around the world.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology